Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lord, let me do this first

Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."
Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."
But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."      [Matt 8:19-22]


有一个文士来,对他说:夫子,你无论往哪里去,我要跟从你。
耶稣说:狐狸有洞,天空的飞鸟有窝,人子却没有枕头的地方。
又有一个门徒对耶稣说:主啊,容我先回去埋葬我的父亲。
耶稣说:任凭死人埋葬他们的死人,你跟从我吧!”      [ 8:19-22]


 Man is highly dominant, born to be. Many things we like, wish, hope and urge to control. We are taught to plan even when we're in kindergarten. I still remember how I wish I can have a remote control to get everything within my "control".

"Lord, teach me to number my days". This is my prayer years ago.

I am and was same with the person from the bible that ask Jesus to allow him to bury his father FIRST, he is negotiating or bargaining to get his priority task done. 

In my life, I have so many things that seems and really crucial. It affects my living, hey, not only me... this include my family. Ya ya...

From pursuing my degree, to getting my life partner, plans after plans..."Lord, let me do this first...", "Bless my plan..., I'll...."

End is approaching and Jesus still calling "Follow me".

Every breath is a grace from God. 

Nowadays, I can google to get everything I wish to know... but I can't google the future. I do not know when will be my last breath.

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. [Ps 90:12]

求你指教我们怎样数算自己的日子,好叫我们得著智慧的心。 [ 90:12]


No comments:

Post a Comment